New Year’s Resolutions?
By: Ethel Chadwick
'Tis the time of year when we look back and think that we could do better next time. I thought of
a few good New Year’s Resolutions – maybe you have some good ones too.
1. Spend more time reading the Bible. Obviously. How do we expect to really know what
God expects of us unless we get to know His Word? It’s all there – how we should treat
others, how to be kind, etc.
2. This kind of goes with #1 – try to be God-focused instead of Self-focused. Sounds easier
than it is. When we focus on ourselves we are often prideful or just worried, anxious and
depressed. Things change when we focus on God. Yep, the atmosphere changes. Try
3. Look for ways to encourage others – be a blessing. So this means you have to stop being
critical. Don’t discourage others, but ENCOURAGE.
4. Think before you speak! Will your words hurt and destroy? Or will they give life?
Kind of goes with #3.
5. Stop speeding. OK this is really for me. I admit I struggle with this one. But you
know we are supposed to obey the laws of the land (read Romans Chapter 13) unless they
conflict with God’s laws. Enough said.
6. Eat sensibly. You can do it! I think moderation is the key. As long as you eat plenty
of fruits and veggies, occasional carbs are ok. I think it’s too drastic to just eliminate
them totally. Drink lots of water too!
7. Hug someone often!!! It feels so good to give and receive hugs!!!!
8. Be thankful! Count your blessings!!!!
OK that’s all for now. This list could go on for a long time. I pray that you are happy and
healthy and that God blesses you tremendously! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
12/31/2017 09:52:19 am
Great resolutions for the New Year. Practical and achievable! Blessings as you enter the New Year.
1/3/2018 08:58:20 am
Leave a Reply.